Over the last year, I've felt a little bit like I was just floating through and really living... unintentionally. I really wanted to be intentional in our daily lives and even made a Toddler Schedule for 5ohBig- all with the best intentions. Then I got pregnant and that schedule went right out the window as I was just trying to make it through each day. And after 4 months of feeling just, blah... we got comfortable as a family in our nothingness. We had a loose morning schedule and I would usually make it to 1 weekday event on my own. I was really overboard with my online time in areas that weren't life-giving for me or my family. When 5ohHubby came home we were both terrible about looking at a screen instead of looking at each other. We were kind of living in a haze. We didn't do the things that we loved in our home- being in the word daily, having people over for dinner, deep cleaning
Ok, don't think we are crazy..give me a second to explain myself. This is our MAYBE schedule. It would be awesome if every day looked like this, but we know that's not realistic. We also realize that everything could change when 5ohLittle gets here. But we wanted to give ourselves some structure AND some margin.
- 5ohBig has out of the house activities every other day at around the same time so she can get her energy out and some socialization with other kids her age. Some weeks we'll hit them all, some weeks we'll ad some playdates, and some weeks we wont be able to do much of any of this.
- We are going to try for Tot School on the weekdays. 5ohBig can already count to 10 (swear!) so I'd like to make sure we are developing her mind.
- I gave myself realistic and obtainable daily cleaning goals so I dont feel overwhelmed to do it all on one day. If I can knock out two in one day, awesome. If I sleep during 5ohBig's naptime.. so be it.
- We also gave me one day a week where I could realistically get some intentional work done at the house or just get out with girlfriends
or gloriously alone!while making sure 5ohBig is still cared for.
- 5ohHubby and I could only realistically do devotions in the evening. So after our daughter's bedtime we are committed to be in the word: whether its together or just side by side. We also will continue to host our small group.
- Saturday is a free day. Sometimes 5ohHubby has stuff he needs to get done. Sometimes we'll do family activities. Sometimes we'll go on a date. Sometimes we'll have people over. Sometimes we'll stay in our pjs all day. It's just a free day.
- Sunday we are starting a family meeting. With 5ohHubby's job it is sometimes impossible for him to keep me up to date on his schedule with court and everything and for me to keep him up to date with what's happening in our home. We've also let big events slip our minds until the last minute. So, we've decided that him and I will huddle up once a week and talk about what our week looks like and what we need to do- both work and fun stuff!
Trust me... we are holding this schedule with open hands and are willing to tweak it if we need or throw it out if we need. But we are hoping that providing structure in our home will help us to live this year, and the years to come, intentionally for Christ.